Education and Training
I graduated with both my Masters and Doctorate in Transpersonal Psychology from The Institute of Transpersonal Psychology in 1981 and 1988 respectively. For 10 years, I practiced Rosen Method Bodywork in addition to providing psychotherapy to individuals and couples beginning with an Internship at the Transpersonal Counseling Center in Menlo Park, CA.
Upon completion of my Doctorate Degree, I completed an Internship on the Inpatient Unit at Sequoia Hospital’s Alcohol and Drug Recovery Center. I was hired by the hospital and worked for two years in the Outpatient Unit as a Family Therapist treating couples and families as well as and leading groups for family members. I also taught workshops and led groups for Adult Children of Alcoholics.
After gaining several more years experience in private practice and additional training in couples therapy, I became a Senior Associate at the San Jose Marital and Sexuality Center where I saw individuals, couples, and groups. At the Center we specialized in sexuality issues for individuals and couples, and also treated sex offenders who were on probation and were mandated for treatment. I led two groups for sex offenders.
Teaching & Supervision
Over the years I have taught at the following institutions:
- John F. Kennedy University, Campbell, CA – Couples Therapy
- Counseling Center at the Transpersonal Psychology Institute – Addiction Treatment
- Center for Health & Wellness, Los Altos, CA – Attachment & Addiction Treatment
- Access Institute, San Francisco, CA – Addiction Treatment
- Center for Healthy Development, San Jose, CA – Understanding Addiction
- Santa Clara University, Professional Development Center, Santa Clara, CA – Psychoanalytic Treatment of Addiction
I have supervised Interns at the San Jose Marital & Sexuality Centre and have provided consultation to licensed Marriage Family Therapists as well as Clinical Psychologists.